Senior Python Developer (m/v)
Shopping Minds is building the next generation personalisation suite with which the orientation and purchasing behaviour of website users can be predicted and influenced in realtime! By exposing the targeted website visitor to the right arguments we manage to persuade him to make a purchase or booking. Are you interested in a diverse international environment of the most successful Digital Players in the Netherlands?
Our ideal python developer candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and good at “getting things done”. You can play an active role in our future – an exciting job and a workplace in the heart of Utrecht is waiting for you!
- Take online personalisation to the next level
- Design and extend our architecture
- Design, implement, integrate and maintain new services and APIs
- Scale and improve existing backend services
- Grow and expand your expertise
- Grow and expand our technology stack
- You love coding!
- You are proficient with Python 3 and have experience in medium to large web projects in high traffic environments
- You have an interest in complex algorithmic solutions
- You like to help your colleagues improve their coding skills
- You know your way around in unix, shell, etc
- You know data modelling, databases, preferably MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- You have experience building and integrating REST APIs
- You love tuning for performance
- You care about the product you’re building and the people who have to use it: usability, robustness and business value
- You like working in a team
- You are able to deliver clean, tested and well documented code.
- You believe in testing, iterating, constantly learning, failing fast and agile practices.
- You have 7+ years of programming experience
- You have experience with machine learning
- You have experience with e-commerce and search platforms like DemandWare, Magento, ATG, Fredhopper, Apache Lucene/Solr
- You know Google Analytics
- You have designed and optimized scalable systems before
- Monitoring/Alerting tools (Grafana, Kibana, …)
- Cloud services (AWS/Google Cloud)
- Frontend development
We offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Full time position (40 hrs/wk)
- Chance to work on strong brands and leading e-commerce websites
- Ambitious working atmosphere where you work with and on the latest cutting edge algorithms and technology
- Top location near heart of Utrecht on top of train station (Vaartse Rijn)
Are you the one we are looking for? Respond to this position by sending an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivational letter.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Adriaan van der Hek
E mail: email@example.com
Phone: +31 (0)85 401 9301, +31 (0)6-225 299 15
NOTE: This is an Utrecht based job opportunity. Working remote from a different country is not an option.